|NEWS YOU CAN USE||
Zanesville News YOU Can Use (NYCU)
Fall Semester Week 7
Scroll down to learn more about:
1) Student Group Meeting Dates – Habitat for Humanity, Science Club, Future Educators, Rotaract, Green Bobcats, GLASS, Campus Ministry
2) Science of NASCAR October 18
3) FREE Conference on campus Women of Appalachia: Sisters in Science October 19
4) Get Published in Zane Traces Literary Journal
5) SEAT Bus Service to Campus Enhanced
1) Student Group Meeting Dates –Ask your advisor & let PR know!
· Co-presidents Alicia Swain and Kristen Harlow invite students to OU Zanesville Habitat for Humanity's first meeting of the year. It will be Monday, October 8, at 12N in Elson 282. Any student is welcome to join. We participate in Habitat for Humanity's collegiate challenge during spring break, with the location chosen by the group members. We also plan to work with local Habitat chapters to help our own community. For more information contact Alicia firstname.lastname@example.org or Kristen email@example.com
· The first meeting of the Science Club will be held on Monday, October 8, at 1 p.m. in the Pit across from the library. Contact President, Alyssa Ginikos at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Popa at email@example.com with questions.
· Rotaract meets in the Herrold Hall Pit (right outside the library) on the following dates during Fall Semester. You can email the group officers at firstname.lastname@example.org more information.
· Monday, Oct 15 at 10 a.m.
· Thursday, Nov 1 at 11 a.m.
· Thursday, Dec 6 at 11 a.m.
· Green Bobcats meets on Wednesdays at 2 p.m. in the Herrold Hall Pit (right outside the library)
· Gay Lesbian And Straight Supporters (GLASS) Meeting will be held on Monday, October 15, and October 29, at 12:30 pm in the Herrold Hall “Pit”.
a. Wednesday, October 17 at 9 am and again at 11 am- Robyn Ochs, a LGBT activist and retired Harvard University Professor, will be presenting 2 workshops Embracing an All-and Identity in an Either/Or World and How Gender Affects You. Stay tuned for additional details and the location.
b. Monday, October 22 at 4 pm- G.L.A.S.S will be presenting a Safe Zone training workshop for Faculty, Staff and Students in the library's PIT (Room 100.) This workshop will provide key tips and suggestions for providing safe spaces for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, questioning, and allied students on campus. We encourage Education, Criminal Justice, Sociology, Psychology and Nursing major’s to attend. You can register at http://www.ohio.edu/lgbt/programs/SafeZone-Zanesville.cfm
· Campus Ministry Club invites everyone to join in campus wide prayer. We will meet each month on the first Monday at noon and the third Thursday at 1:00. Plan to meet on the campus green by the steps of the Campus Center. In case of rain we will meet in the student lounge (lower area) of The Campus Center. Please use the "PRAYER POSTS" located around campus on the bulletin boards. We will be praying for any requests.
When does your student organization meet? Please email email@example.com so we can help you get the word out! Thanks much.
2) Science of NASCAR October 18 7 p.m.
Dr. Diandra Leslie-Pelecky, Professor of Physics at the West Virginia University, will give a public lecture entitled The Science of NASCAR at Ohio University Zanesville’s Third Thursday event on October 18, in the Elson Hall Auditorium. Read more about her at http://www.drdiandra.com/
3) Women of Appalachia: Sisters in Science Conference on Campus October 19
Health professionals, environmentalists, educators gather to share best practices about active learning to encourage future generations of women scientists in Appalachia! Last week to register and it’s FREE to OU Zanesville faculty and students! http://www.ohio.edu/zanesville/womenofappalachia/agenda.cfm
4) Get published in Zane Traces Literary Journal
Zane Traces, OU Zanesville’s literary journal, is seeking submissions of short stories, poems, creative non-fiction, and artwork for its 2012/13 issue. All OU Zanesville students, staff and faculty are welcome to submit to Dr. Haven’s office, Elson 170L or Mailbox #22 (in the main office) by Monday, December 3, 2012, at 5 PM.
Submissions will be submitted to blind peer review to facilitate selection. Please submit your work with your name, phone and email on a separate cover sheet ONLY. You need only submit one copy. Contact Dr. Lisa Haven at firstname.lastname@example.org or 588-1535 with questions or concerns.
5) SEAT Bus Service to Campus Enhanced
South East Area Transit (SEAT) effective October 1, 2012 will be implementing improvement to current bus services. The Greenwood/Taylor/Blue route will be stopping at the Ohio University Zanesville and Zane State College campus in front of Herrold Hall every hour starting at 6:50AM and ending at 5:50PM Monday through Friday. Also, the college shuttle will no longer be available due to the new hourly bus stop at the campus. For information or questions on this new service please contact SEAT at 740-454-8573.
|There are no related articles.|