|NEWS YOU CAN USE||
Zanesville News YOU Can Use (NYCU)
Fall Semester Week 13
TAKE FIVE –to complete your degree in four years you should be taking five classes per semester!
NOTE: No classes in session Wednesday through Friday, November 21-23
(Campus closed Thursday & Friday, November 22 & 23)
Scroll down to learn more about:
1) Follow OU Zanesville Tracer Basketball next game November 20
2) Student Group Meeting Dates –FEOUZ, Rotaract, Campus Ministry
3) Share your creative side in Zane Traces Literary Journal
4) FEOUZ Scholastic Book Club Sale Available
5) Habitat For Humanity Fundraiser December 4
6) Tier II Health class offered Spring Semester
7) Need a credit hour – consider PE or Recreation Courses
8) Online Graduate Writing Course Offered for Zanesville Students
9) “What’s the Word” Game Show on Campus – be “on TV” and win prizes too!
10) EM Club planning Spring Talent Show – want to help??
11) CPR Certification Course Offered
12) Holiday Jobs at Harry & David
1) Follow OU Zanesville Tracer Basketball
Next Game at OSU Newark 5:30 p.m. Men’s & 7:30 p.m. Women’s Go to http://www.ohio.edu/zanesville/currentstudents/athletics/index.cfmand click on Women’s and Mens’ Basketball Schedule for a complete schedule!
The Mens basketball team opened their on the road season with back to back wins against Kent State Tusk with a 95-78 win and a88-84 win over Washington State Community College. In the Tusk game the Tracers were led by Jordan Wilson with 21 pts and Winston Turner and Jeramie Neff with 19 pts. Josh Willison and Nate Stewart added 14 pts . In the win over Washington Wilson scored 36 pts and with 21.
The men and women teams’ “on the road” season this year is due to the scheduled construction related to the Muskingum Recreation Center project. The women’s volleyball team also played all their games on the road this fall.
2) Student Group Meeting Dates –Ask your advisor & let PR know!
· Future Educators of OU Zanesville (FEOUZ) will meet November 28, 3:30-4:30p and November 29, 1-2p –both meetings in Elson 177.
· Rotaract meets in the Herrold Hall Pit (right outside the library) on the following dates during Fall Semester. You can email the group officers at email@example.com more information.
· Thursday, Dec 6 at 11 a.m.
· Campus Ministry Club invites everyone to join in campus wide prayer. They meet each month on the first Monday at noon and the third Thursday at 1:00 p.m. Plan to meet on the campus green by the steps of the Campus Center. In case of rain we will meet in the student lounge (lower area) of The Campus Center. Please use the "PRAYER POSTS" located around campus on the bulletin boards. We will be praying for any requests.
When does your student organization meet? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you get the word out! Thanks much.
3) Get published in Zane Traces Literary Journal
Zane Traces, OU Zanesville’s literary journal, is seeking submissions of short stories, poems, creative non-fiction, and artwork for its 2012/13 issue. All OU Zanesville students, staff and faculty are welcome to submit to Dr. Haven’s office, Elson 170L or Mailbox #22 (in the main office) by Monday, December 3, 2012, at 5 p.m.
Submissions will be submitted to blind peer review to facilitate selection. Please submit your work with your name, phone and email on a separate cover sheet ONLY. You need only submit one copy. Contact Dr. Lisa Haven at email@example.com or 588-1535 with questions or concerns.
4) FEOUZ Scholastic Book Club
FEOUZ is now enrolled in the Scholastic book club. Faculty, staff and students will be able to order fabulous books for children ages preschool-9 years of age at very reasonable prices. We will be offering flyers, ordering information and setting up a monthly table for taking book orders. FEOUZ will use the earned book points and all "free" books for a book drive for a local educational program at the end of the school year. If you have any questions contact, book committee chair, Addy Rudy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Like Future Educators at Ohio University Zanesville (FEOUZ) on Facebook!
5) Habitat for Humanity Fundraisers
The following community fundraisers for Habitat's Spring Break Trip will yield the group 15% of the profits when you present the fliers (ask any Habitat member or look on the bulletin boards on campus). Support your fellow students who will help others through this community service project:
· Pizza Hut Maple Ave, Zanesville, December 4, 2012 5-8pm
· Bob Evans Underwood St., Zanesville, Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:00am-10:00pm
· Bob Evans Southgate Parkway, Cambridge, December 19, 2012 4-8pm and January 9, 2013 4-8pm
6) Tier II Health Class offered Spring Semester
Health 2020 is now available on Saturday mornings starting in January. You can get 3 credits and only come once a week on Saturdays from 8:30 am to 11:10 am. This class fits Tier II requirements. The class covers general health principles, fitness, nutrition, personal safety and more. Each student will complete a project, which could help you make healthy lifestyle changes. Come have fun, learn, and be healthier all at the same time and only come to class once a week.
7) PE or Recreation Courses for Spring Semester
Visit http://www.ohio.edu/zanesville/PEDclasses.cfm for a complete list of classes from aerobics to whitewater rafting and others in between – take a course to reduce your stress and have some fun while earning one semester hour credit!
8) Online Writing Course for Graduate Students
There will be an online writing course offered Spring Semester for students at the OU Regional campuses. The course helps students boost their academic writing and is online, so it's more flexible for today's busy schedules. It will be interactive and will support the work you're doing for your classes, but you won't need to come to any campus if your schedule doesn't allow. It will be very flexible. The course is Academic Writing in Graduate Studies (ELIP 5140), 2-3 credit hours. Questions: contact Dr. Bikowski (email@example.com). Class #1380.
9) What’s The Word Game Show
Each Thursdays, November 15, November 29, and December 8 at 2:30 p.m., students in Electronic Media 2170 are recording “What’s the Word?” And, they need 12 players per day! The game is based on the classic TV game show, “Password.” Two teams of two players compete to get their partners to guess the “secret word” using only one word clues. Winners get prizes, too! Players will compete for Ohio University branded merchandise, like T-shirts, pen and pencil sets, water bottles, and key chains. The show is recorded in Elson 245.
Student players will be required to sign a talent release form allowing Ohio University to use their images, so clips from the show can be used in recruiting for the Electronic Media program. If you would like to be a player on “What’s the Word,” contact Professor Rick Shriver at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10) Spring Talent Show being planned – want to help?
The Electronic Media (EM) Club is planning to organize a large college student/community talent show in the spring. The proceeds will go to the student groups that participate. This is a great way to promote student talent and the Zanesville Campus. If you like the idea, let us know what your schedule is the week of December 17 so we can schedule a planning meeting and how you'd like to contribute (talent, organizational skills, promotion, having your student group do concessions, etc.) Please email December to plan in more detail. Email George Jones at email@example.com to express your interest! Thank you for your help and time!
11) CPR Certification Courses Offered
New Spring Semester EXPH 2280: First aid and CPR for professional rescuer -- learn how to save a life and get 2 credits and certified by The American Red Cross for 2 years with all new material. Class will meet 11:50a-1:50p on Tues/Thurs and is taught by Dr. Kitty Consolo, Questions, contact Dr. Kitty at firstname.lastname@example.org; note, only 14 can enroll so that everyone has their own equipment.
12) Holiday Jobs at Harry & David
Apply in person: Harry & David, 500 Reliance Drive, Hebron, OH 43025. Employment Center hours 8 am to 5:30 pm Monday through Friday. They will be open one Saturday November 24th from 10 am to 3 pm. Apply online: harryanddavid.com/jobs They will be having a couple store sales of Harry & David products before Christmas. All employees will get 45% of regular priced items and 30% off sale priced items.
|There are no related articles.|