|News You Can Use||
Zanesville News YOU Can Use (NYCU)
Spring Semester Week 13
Scroll down to learn more about:
1) Student Group Meeting Dates – Coms Club April 10, Multicultural Club April 10, GLASS Club April 10, Green Bobcats April 11, Rotaract April 11 and 17, Student Senate April 16
1) Student Group Meeting Dates –Ask your advisor & let PR know!
· You are invited to join Campus Ministry Club (CMC). We have weekly meetings for spring semester on Wednesdays @ 10 a.m. in the upper pit of Herrold Hall (next to the library). We will be planning a Christian concert in April. Also like us on Facebook for updates.
· The Communication Club will be meeting at 11:30 am in room 186 on Wednesday, April 10.
· The Multicultural Club will be meeting at 4 pm in Herrold Hall pit on Wednesday, April 10. We will be planning for Spring Fest
· GLASS will be meeting on Wednesday, April 10 at 3pm in Herrold Hall pit.
· Green Bobcats will have their next meeting on Thursday, April 11 at 3:30 pm in the pit.
· Rotaract Thursday, April 11, 11:30 a.m. in the Herrold Hall Pit and April 17, 2 p.m. in the Herrold Hall Pit
· Student Senate’s next meeting will be Tuesday, April 16 at noon in W112.
2) ATTENTION FEOUZ MEMBERS- It’s time to nominate yourself for an Officer position.
If you would like to run for an office of FEOUZ, we will be accepting 2013-2014 nominations for President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Early Childhood Education Speaker, Middle Childhood Education Speaker and Media Officer through April 18th. (Please refer to the Bylaws for the job description of each position.)
Submit the information outlined below to Colleen Romito, FEOUZ Co-Advisor , by 5:00 pm on Thursday, April 18, to complete your nomination.
· Submit a 100-word or less biography: Including your name, professional status in the Patton College of Education, your current grade point average, and your email and phone number;
· Why you would like to be an FEOUZ officer and what talents will you bring to the position;
· What previous leadership experience you have.
· Three goals that you have for FEOUZ.
Please direct any questions or nominations to Colleen Romito email@example.com.
3) Consider Communication Studies for major or minor
Communication Studies equips students with the competencies most prized by employers. The Communication Studies major or minor can be completed entirely at OU Zanesville. Please contact Dr. Rita Ng at firstname.lastname@example.org Dr. Sheida Shirvani at email@example.com information.
4) Zane Traces annual Launch Event
Zane Traces, OU Zanesville's Literary Journal, will be hosting its annual Launch Event in the Elson Hall Auditorium, Monday, April 15, from 6 to 7 p.m. Featured will be musical artist and student Grant Eppley and Zane Traces contributors who will read their work: Aaron Browning, Mallory Bowen, Laura Waggle, Chelsea Howard, Christine Shaw, Mike Nern, Nancy Hamblin and maybe a few surprises. Light refreshments will be served following the program. See you there!
5) Sexual Assault Awareness Month Program April 16
The Muskingum County Domestic Violence Coalition will be hosting “Secrets Revealed – Breaking the Silence” which is to help raise awareness on teen and young adults/ drug and alcohol facilitated sexual assaults. Anyone is welcome to attend. The key speaker will be Ron Welch from the Muskingum County Prosecutors Office. The free event will be held in the Campus Center Room 430 on April 16 from 6-8p with a meet and greet from 5:30-6p.
6) Help March of Dimes May 2
In the United States, over 500,000 babies are born premature every year. That's 1 out of 8 babies. The student group, GIG, is walking in the annual March of Dimes, March for Babies event on campus May 2. Anyone is welcome to join the Ohio University Zanesville GIG team to walk with us and help raise funds. If you don’t want to walk, consider making an online donation to the team or one of our individual walkers. For more information, contact the team captain, Ashley Courtright (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit our team site to make a donation: http://www.marchforbabies.org/s_team_page.asp?SeId=1795490
7) Green Bobcats trip open to non-members
The Green Bobcats summer trip to East Harbor State Park will be May 4-6. They will be camping and are helping with community service. Anyone interested in more information can contact Amanda Lanning at email@example.com
8) Cake Auction April 25 & 26
Mark your calendar now to attend and bid on OU Zanesville’s cake (with $1000 tuition certificate incentive) to support Carr Center’s mission of serving adults and children with disabilities. The OU Zanesville cake will be auctioned at 5:45 p.m. on Thursday, April 25 – cake #208. You can see all the cakes and incentives at http://www.carrcenter.org/cake_auction.htm
9) A message about Motorcycle Parking from the Safety and Security Department.
Please do not park your vehicles in the designated motorcycle parking area. Many motorcyclists have been taking advantage of the warmer weather and have been unable to park in the designated area due to vehicles parking in the spaces. Officers have been informed to issue citations due to the amount of complaints our department has received for this. Habitual offender(s) will be towed from the parking lot.
10) Community dialogues on race and gender. Come join the discussion!
The Nelson T. Gant House is hosting an opportunity for all to talk across a variety of cultural differences to gain understanding, hear varying perspectives, learn and grow personally, challenge personal assumptions, build alliances, broaden historical knowledge, enhance potential for greater community wellness starting at 6 pm on the following days Wednesday, April 10, 2013; Wednesday, April 17, 2013 and on Thursday, April 25, 2013. The Nelson T. Gant House is located at 1845 West Main St. Zanesville.
|There are no related articles.|