|News You Can Use||
Zanesville News YOU Can Use (NYCU)
Spring Semester Week 14
Check out our NEW “By the Numbers” Promotional Video and share with your friends!
Scroll down to learn more about:
1) Student Group Meeting Dates –Science Club April 15, Student Senate April 16, Green Bobcats April 18, Rotaract April 17, Campus Ministry
“Ohio’s Natural Gas Boom: Origins, Challenges and Implications”
“By the Numbers Promotional Video”
Spring Sports Schedules Announced
1) Student Group Meeting Dates –Ask your advisor & let PR know!
· Science Club Monday, April 15, 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Physics Lab, Elson 230, Please come by if you want to get involved. Bring your lunch, or some food to share.
· Student Senate’s next meeting will be Tuesday, April 16 at noon in W112.
· Rotaract April 17, 2 p.m. in the Herrold Hall Pit
· Green Bobcats will have their next meeting on Thursday, April 18 at 3:30 pm in the pit.
· You are invited to join Campus Ministry Club (CMC). We have weekly meetings for spring semester on Wednesdays @ 10 a.m. in the upper pit of Herrold Hall (next to the library). We will be planning a Christian concert in April. Also like us on Facebook for updates.
2) ATTENTION FEOUZ MEMBERS- It’s time to nominate yourself for an Officer position.
If you would like to run for an office of FEOUZ, we will be accepting 2013-2014 nominations for President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Early Childhood Education Speaker, Middle Childhood Education Speaker and Media Officer through April 18th. (Please refer to the Bylaws for the job description of each position.)
Submit the information outlined below to Colleen Romito, FEOUZ Co-Advisor, by 5:00 pm on Thursday, April 18, to complete your nomination.
· Submit a 100-word or less biography: Including your name, professional status in the Patton College of Education, your current grade point average, and your email and phone number;
· Why you would like to be an FEOUZ officer and what talents will you bring to the position;
· What previous leadership experience you have.
· Three goals that you have for FEOUZ.
Please direct any questions or nominations to Colleen Romito firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Zane Traces annual Launch Event
Zane Traces, OU Zanesville's Literary Journal, will be hosting its annual Launch Event in the Elson Hall Auditorium, Monday, April 15, from 6 to 7 p.m. Featured will be musical artist and student Grant Eppley and Zane Traces contributors who will read their work: Aaron Browning, Mallory Bowen, Laura Waggle, Chelsea Howard, Christine Shaw, Mike Nern, Nancy Hamblin and maybe a few surprises. Light refreshments will be served following the program. See you there!
4) Sexual Assault Awareness Month Program April 16
The Muskingum County Domestic Violence Coalition will be hosting “Secrets Revealed – Breaking the Silence” which is to help raise awareness on teen and young adults/ drug and alcohol facilitated sexual assaults. Anyone is welcome to attend. The key speaker will be Ron Welch from the Muskingum County Prosecutors Office. The free event will be held in the Campus Center Room 430 on April 16 from 6-8p with a meet and greet from 5:30-6p.
5) “Ohio’s Natural Gas Boom: Origins, Challenges and Implications” Kennedy Lecture April 23
Kennedy Lecture Speaker, Paul Chasko, will be giving 2 lectures, 12:30 pm and 7pm. Elson Hall Auditorium
6) Cake Auction April 25 & 26
Mark your calendar now to attend and bid on OU Zanesville’s cake (with $1000 tuition certificate incentive) to support Carr Center’s mission of serving adults and children with disabilities. The OU Zanesville cake will be auctioned at 5:45 p.m. on Thursday, April 25 – cake #208. You can see all the cakes and incentives at http://www.carrcenter.org/cake_auction.htm
7) Community dialogues on race and gender. Come join the discussion!
The Nelson T. Gant House is hosting an opportunity for all to talk across a variety of cultural differences to gain understanding, hear varying perspectives, learn and grow personally, challenge personal assumptions, build alliances, broaden historical knowledge, enhance potential for greater community wellness starting at 6 pm on the following days Wednesday, April 17, 2013 and Thursday, April 25, 2013. The Nelson T. Gant House is located at 1845 West Main St. Zanesville.
8) Help March of Dimes May 2
In the United States, over 500,000 babies are born premature every year. That's 1 out of 8 babies. The student group, GIG, is walking in the annual March of Dimes, March for Babies event on campus May 2. Anyone is welcome to join the Ohio University Zanesville GIG team to walk with us and help raise funds. If you don’t want to walk, consider making an online donation to the team or one of our individual walkers. For more information, contact the team captain, Ashley Courtright (email@example.com) or visit our team site to make a donation: http://www.marchforbabies.org/s_team_page.asp?SeId=1795490
9) Green Bobcats trip open to non-members
The Green Bobcats summer trip to East Harbor State Park will be May 4-6. They will be camping and are helping with community service. Anyone interested in more information can contact Amanda Lanning at firstname.lastname@example.org
10) Big Changes to Library website
The Library Staff is proud to announce the launch of a new library web site! Not only does this site make it easier for you to find their favorite library resources, but it includes several exciting new tools. These include products like Films on Demand which has been described as a ‘Netflix’ for Higher Education, and the EBSCO Ebook Collection which gives you full text access to thousands of electronic books that are specifically targeted towards Colleges and Universities.
These changes should make accessing all of the libraries resources much easier, but we understand that there is always a learning curve. We also know that there may be some things that were missed in the transition so if you encounter any problems or issues using the new site, please call 740-588-1404, or stop in the library.
11) By the Numbers Promotional Video
Visit our website www.ohio.edu/zanesville and click on the second video link on the right side to view our new promotional video. If you wish to share the You Tube Video Link directly it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c__FNOPVfww
12) OU Student to present on co-authored book
Senior. John Moore, will make a presentation at the Zanesville Campus Library on Thursday, April 18, from 5-7 p.m. about a book he co-authored entitled, “Eighteen Days to the Massacre.”
13) Spring Sports Schedules Announced
Visit http://www.zanesville.ohiou.edu/cmslive/view.asp?ID=528 for baseball, softball and golf team schedules.
14) Athletic Hall of Fame Dinner
Tickets for the Hall of Fame Dinner scheduled on Monday, April 29, at 6p.m. at Ohio University Zanesville Campus Center are now available. Tickets are $15 each and are on sale at the Information Center at Ohio University Zanesville’s Elson Hall on Newark Road in Zanesville.
15) Roberta's Café’s Daily Specials 4/15/13- 4/18/13
Specials run from 11 am- 2 pm or until sold out!!
Monday- Loaded Nachos, Fiesta corn, and Drink. $4.75
Tuesday- Sweet and Sour Chicken, Rice, Spring Roll, and Drink. $5.25
Wednesday- Hot dog Coney's or Sloppy Joe, Tater Tots, Vegetable, and Drink. $5.25
Thursday- Chicken Tetrazzini, Vegetable, Roll, and Drink. $5.25
|There are no related articles.|